If you are an industry member, it is a great opportunity to meet young researchers, new ideas to solve your industrial issues. It is also the opportunity to come and talk with junior researchers, and share with them what industries are looking for in terms of skills, knowledge and experience.
If you are a PhD student or post doc researcher you will be able to broaden your network by meeting and discussing with other PhD students and post docs, as well as industry members. Since we will also invite former PhD students, who now have their own business or work as license examiner, the meeting will bring you more opportunities rather than industrial or academic researches.
- 1st and 2nd year PhD students can develop their professional network, build their career plan, discover the positions available for PhDs in industry and get valuable advice on how to progress in their thesis from industry experts!
- 3rd year PhD students and Post Docs, find your first job in the industry! Each year many participants obtain prospective contacts. The 9th Junior Scientist & Industrial Annual Meeting to be held on March 16th, 2018 aims at providing the opportunity to introduce yourself and market your skills to potential recruiters. As any GIANT event, it is open to all young researchers who are somehow linked to a GIANT partner regardless of their research field. This is a great opportunity for you to feel what the job market is like, so do not miss it!
Why participate in all the sessions?
- Morning session: Build your project for the future, listen to different point of views on the role of PhDs in the industry, discover the positions available for PhDs in industry and get feedback from industry experts on how to progress your thesis!
- Mid-day session: conference Midi MINATEC
- Afternoon session: Be part of interesting discussions in small groups with professionals and industry experts; ask all your questions about recruitment process, interviews, CVs, internships, working environment in industry etc, and get direct feedback on your CV.
You can find the program of the day here
Who attended the previous editions?
L’Arche aux Innovateurs,AEPI, Arveni, Automatique et Industrie, Bag-Era, BioMérieux, Cloud Seas, Comsol France, Constellium, CS Communication et Systèmes, DoceaPower, Disney Research, EASii IC, Elsys Design, INLAB Healthcare, Jemi, Lancey Energy Storage, Maya Technologies, Movea, Nanoident Biometrics SAS, Ondis, OPTI RD, Opto Sigma, Orange, PX Therapeutics, Saint-Gobain, Sanofi, Serma Technologies, Sogeti, Solti, Solvay, STMicroelectronics, STMicroelectronics Wireless, Sylfen, Technosens, TracEdge, ULIS, Xerox Innovation group, etc.